SANA’A – Head of the Supreme Revolutionary Committee, Mohammed Ali al-Houthi, has revealed a new proposal made by the representatives of the Yemeni national delegation to the Chairman of the UN Monitoring committee Patrick Cammaert.
The UN envoy Martin Griffiths had been told that during the meeting, representatives of the national delegation to the Ceasefire Committee had submitted a proposal to Patrick for the redeployment of military forces from both sides, Mohammed Ali al-Houthi wrote on his Twitter account on Monday.
ابلغناالمبعوث ان ممثلين اللجنةلوقف اطلاق النارقدمت مقترح لباتريك أثناءنقاش اللجنةالمشتركةبالحديدةباعادةالانتشار للقوات العسكرية٥٠كيلو من الطرفين،حتى يتم خروج ودخول المساعدات بغيرعوائق،وتنفيذا لاتفاق السويدبصورةبناءةبمرحلتين،مع ايجادقياس التحقق،ولم يقبلو اولئك للان،اويقدمواخياراخر
— محمد علي الحوثي (@Moh_Alhouthi) January 7, 2019
“The proposal of our delegation is aimed at facilitating the access and exit of forces”, al-Houthi said.
The delegation of Riyadh did not accept this or offer another option to date, al-Houthi added.
The move came in an attempt to implement the peace agreement previously achieved in Sweden, in two phases, the Head of the Supreme Revolutionary Committee concluded.